Metal Fabrication – AutomotiveJob Purpose:
As an Estimation Manager (Fabrications), you will be responsible for managing the estimations department, preparing quotations, and controlling MRP documentation. You will be expected to provide continuous improvement of the estimating organization through benchmarking and maintaining affiliations with industry suppliers. You will also be responsible for ensuring that estimates are realistic and based on industry-standard units, with transparency to drive competitive project performance.Job Responsibilities:
- Studying and understanding the contract documents of each project.
- Producing metal fabrication estimates including detailed documentation of line item manufacturing costs, production tooling, checking fixtures, value engineering assessments, and cost reduction strategies.
- Providing technical estimating support to each of the members of the Estimating team.
- Managing estimations team: maintain skills matrix to guarantee proficiency of the team, lead performance appraisals and development plans for each member.
- Developing relationships with key local and international suppliers and obtaining prices for the cost of projects for metal fabrication.
- Maintaining a live quotations system ensuring on-time delivery of quotations. Highlight any red flags and proactively collaborate with the sales team.
- Online and face-to-face meetings with customers and suppliers when required.
- Very proactive and positive to carry on with estimations.
Please visit our jobs page to check out our current list of jobs in UAE and across the world.Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay updated regarding our upcoming opportunities.Subscribe to our LinkedIn newsletter for weekly job updates.
- 10 years in Estimations for metal fabrications including CNC Laser Cutting, CNC Bending, CNC Machining, Welding, Painting, Assembly & Integration.
- Team management, preferably multi-cultural teams.
- IT Systems: Sigma NEST, MRP, AutoCAD, Microsoft 365.
- Academic background: Degree in Engineering, and Project Management.