August 2024Job Purpose:
The Placement & Internship Manager must obtain employment and experiential opportunities
in business, industry, and academia for students in all programs of the university. To counsel,
prepare, and enhance the hiring potential of students, and new graduates into the job market. To assist in the internships and placement of students.Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders including, but not limited to, potential employers, alumni, and local industry in coordination with Outreach and Engagement.
- Making a substantial contribution to the University’s marketing activities by assisting the Marketing Head in arranging School events/seminars/ promoting events and exploring new areas of engagement for the different segments
- Strategize and achieve successful career outcomes for the graduating class through a robust campus recruitment process.
- Plan and engage with corporates for strategic activities including guest lectures, panel discussions, conclaves, workshops, competitions, etc.
- Manage and support student career services, including career counseling, grooming, and helping in the preparation of students for facing interviews.
- Act as the first point of contact for employers and external stakeholders for internship/work placement opportunities.
- Support the development of annual plans to develop and expand employment opportunities for students and graduates within the campus.
- Liaise with employers and other external stakeholders to schedule on-campus recruitment events.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate an up-to-date calendar for annual work placement events and career fairs organized.
- Coordinate outreach programmes targeted at potential employers, alumni, parents, and other external stakeholders with the aim to increase employment opportunities for students.
- Develop necessary materials with the aim to increase awareness of, and promote, placement opportunities to students.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive career development services programme including but not limited to resume development, networking opportunities, mock interview opportunities, career planning workshops, etc.
- Monitor the effective and efficient placement of students during the academic year in compliance with work placement schedules.
- Liaise with employers to provide necessary information and documentation related to students.
- Assess students' performance during work placement activities by developing regular periodic work assessment reports; assessments include, but are not limited to, site visits, periodic reports, and direct feedback from employers.
- Monitor the success rate of graduate placement and develop action plans accordingly.
- Develop and present reports to share key insights and opportunities (e.g. employment trends, job market landscape, placement statistics, etc.).
- Must have good network connections in the corporate HR community.
Please visit our jobs page to check out our current list of jobs in UAE and across the world.Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay updated regarding our upcoming opportunities.Subscribe to our LinkedIn newsletter for weekly job updates.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of previous events planning experience as a Manager in a UAE-based University is a must.
- Any relevant Degree.
- Knowledge of Industry demographics will be an added advantage.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and people-reading skills.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Willingness to guide others and provide ongoing support as they make important decisions.
- Strong connection with UAE corporate companies/Recruitment companies etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous timesensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work in complex and multi-faceted environments.
- Demonstrate creativity, thoughtful problem-solving skills, taking initiative, solid judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness, and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented and enjoy a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks on various projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs and Adobe Suite software.
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and customers.